Last updated: October 21, 2011
Monsoon Commerce operates a website at www.monsooncommerce.com (the “Site”). This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Monsoon Commerce does not own or control or to people that Monsoon Commerce does not employ or manage. The collection and use of your information by third parties (such as on third party websites and services that are linked to, referenced, advertised, or otherwise made available to you through the Site) are governed by those parties’ own policies. Before using such third party services or transacting with other users, you should familiarize yourself with their policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
Collection of information
Monsoon Commerce collects limited personal information from you, the user of the www.monsooncommerce.com website.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: Like most websites, when you visit the Site, Monsoon Commerce automatically collects a variety of information about your computer and your use of the Site in log files, such as your IP address, address or device id, operating system, and browser type, as well as information regarding pages you visit, websites you visit before or after using the Site, and search queries you may have used to find the Site. If automatically collected information is used or intended to be used to identify you, or if we associate or combine this information with your other personally identifiable information, we will treat the associated or combined information as personally identifiable information under this Policy.
- “Cookies” Information: The Site also uses “cookies,” which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive so that the Site may access that information on your return visits. We generally do not store or retrieve any personally identifiable information in cookies. If you’ve set your browser to reject cookies, you can still use our site.
How Monsoon Commerce uses your information
Monsoon Commerce uses information you provide or that we collect for a variety of purposes.
- Communication: We use your information to communicate with you regarding the Site, such as for administrative purposes, customer Site purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, or rights of privacy, and as otherwise may be necessary to provide, operate, maintain, and enhance, the Site.
- Providing and Improving the Site; Personalization: We may also use information we collect from you (including automatically collected information and cookies information) (i) to provide, customize, and personalize features of the Site, (ii) to analyze and understand the usage trends and preferences of users of the Site, and the effectiveness of our marketing and communication efforts, so that we can continually improve our offerings, (iii) to perform internal reporting, analysis, maintenance, enhancements, troubleshooting, and other related development work, and (iv) to provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information.
How Monsoon Commerce shares and discloses your information
Monsoon Commerce is not in the business of selling your information, and we take your privacy very seriously. In the course of providing the Site to you and other users, we do make limited disclosures of your information to others for a variety of purposes.
- Technical Site Providers: Monsoon Commerce works with third party service providers to provide website development, maintenance, and hosting, promotional email distribution, backup storage, as well as other services for us. In the course of performing services for Monsoon Commerce, these providers may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this Policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- Aggregate Information: Monsoon Commerce may also provide aggregate, non-personally identifiable information and statistics about our users, customers, demographics, sales, traffic patterns, and other information related to the Site to third parties.
Except as specified above, Monsoon Commerce does not share your personal information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure or Monsoon Commerce believes the disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process, or to cooperate with law enforcement activities, (2) protect and defend our rights and property, (3) protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the Monsoon Commerce Site, or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
How we protect your information
This Site has security measures in place to help reduce the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you place orders or access your account information, we use a secure sockets layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts all information during transmission. All of the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorized access. We also employ other physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of personally identifiable information in our control. Nevertheless, in spite of our efforts to prevent third parties from intercepting or accessing your information (whether stored on our servers or during transmission), we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or communications will always remain private.
Our commitment to children’s privacy online
Monsoon Commerce is committed to protecting the safety and privacy of young people using the Internet. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Modifications to this policy
As specified in the Terms, Monsoon Commerce may from time to time revise this Policy. If we do, we will post those changes on this page and indicate the new Policy’s effective date so that you are always aware of any changes.
If you use the Site from countries outside the United States, please note that your personally identifiable information may be transferred to the United States as our Site is hosted on servers located in those countries. By using the Site, you consent to having your personally identifiable information transmitted to and processed in the United States.
In the event of merger or sale
In the event that all or a portion of Monsoon Commerce or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, Monsoon Commerce reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such a case, your information will still be subject to the terms of the Policy in place at the time of transfer.
How to contact us
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-239-1055. You can also contact us at the address below:
520 NW Davis St.
Portland, OR 97209